Batam '12
Thursday, February 16, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

IMG_0602

IMG_0419

IMG_0429

IMG_0443

IMG_0446

IMG_0454

IMG_0458

IMG_0462

IMG_0463

IMG_0469

IMG_0470

IMG_0473

IMG_0476

IMG_0504

IMG_0508

IMG_0549

IMG_0572

IMG_0577

IMG_0593

IMG_0596

IMG_0433

A 2 day 1 night escapade from the bustling city 'back to the 70s' - quoting my mum. A trip supposedly for just my small family of 4 was met with the enthusiasm and spontaneity of extended family, and within a few short weeks of confirmation, our company made our way via ferry to Batam. I wasn't really keen on the trip at first, but I was secretly pretty excited to be able to put my camera to good use again.

Most of the time was spent relaxing at Holiday Inn Resort, which had ample amenities to keep us occupied for the two days. While the adults indulged in their complimentary massage, the rest of us stayed in the room playing card games and watching soccer. During the night, the adults sang KTV while some of us played pool. They had bicycles which we could rent, but we were lazy. They also had a big swimming pool, table tennis, a gym, a play room with table soccer, darts, a pool table and assorted boardgames, a bar with pool tables and a KTV lounge. My dad even took to playing pool! It was indeed a comfortable stay. I really didn't wish to come back to reality.

The only times we ventured out of the resort was for lunch at the mall (A&W!!!) and seafood dinner at the Waterfront. I enjoyed the bus journey to the mall - the kampongs, old houses and shops were an interesting sight. Reason why I love window seats. Dinner was not amazing, but the other seafood places that were raved about greatly were a tad too far from our resort.

In all, I was surprised to find the trip really pleasant and relaxing. Pretty sure it was the company > the place itself, and also the beautiful resort. I look forward to a short trip there again!


0 comments

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLDER POSTS NEWER POSTS